Bumdra Overnight Trekking
This itinerary will let us experience best of cultural, history, monuments/wonders along with two days trekking in alpine forest. The tour starts in Paro, take us to the capital city of Bhutan-Thimphu then to Punakha before we start the trek. Since the cultural tour is before the trek, it gives us enough time for acclimatization. Enjoy the best of Bhutan with Heavenly Bhutan.
Day 01: Arrival in Paro – Thimphu (1.2 hrs).
Flight to Paro offers panoramic views of the highest mountains of the world and other Himalayan peaks, including the sacred Mt. Chomolhari and Mt. Jichudrakey in Bhutan are simply awesome. On arrival in Paro you will be received by HBT representative and transfer to Thimphu by private car. Thimphu is capital city of Bhutan. On arrival, check into your hotel. In the afternoon, we will visit Memorial Chorten built in the memory of our late 3rd king and further drive to Buddha viewpoint to visit largest Buddha statue in the world. Evening relax at your hotel or explore the charming city. HBT office will assign someone to meet you for dinner. Overnight in Thimphu, altitude 2400m
Day 02: Thimphu sightseeing.
After our leisurely breakfast, we will explore city more, visit Changgangkha Lhakhang, Takin’s mini Zoo, Painting school, national library, folk heritage museum, textile museum and handmade paper factory are some of the sightseeing that you can see in Thimphu. In the evening we will visit Tashichho Dzong, fortress which houses the throne room of His Majesty the king and summer resident for central monk body. Overnight in Thimphu
Day 03: Thimphu-Paro.
After our leisurely breakfast, we will check out from the hotel and drive to Paro. On arrival at Paro, check into your hotel. Afternoon we will visit National Museum, which has rich history of Bhutan exhibited in the 17th century. The Paro Dzong, a massive fortress built in the 17th century now houses the monastic body. A lovely stroll downhill from the Dzong over an old cantilever bridge wraps up an eventful day. Overnight in Paro, altitude 2200m
Day 04: Paro-Sangchokor - Bumdra Trek (Trek Start). Distance: 7 km , Walking Time: 4 hrs, Sleeping Altitude: 3500m.
Early morning after breakfast, drive to Sang Choekor to meet our ponies. While they are being loaded, we may pay our respects at the temple. The initial climb up from the temple through thick alpine forest take about 3 hours to reach at the base of old temple. The trail undulate for a while before the last steep pull up to the pretty temple which boast commanding views of southern Paro valley including airport. After a final 20 minutes climb through ruins and fluttering prayer flags, with a last glance southwards we plunge back into ancient forest traversing for about 40 minutes then come out onto a high wide meadow dotted with sacred chortens and prayer flags. Our home for the night is tucked in under Bumdra Monastery (cave of a thousand prayers) making the most of the awesome views of the Himalayan range. If time permits we can visit the monastery and also climb the peak to the north (about 4000m) for even better views, night halt at camp.
Day 05: Bumdra – Paro (Trek end). Distance: 15km, Walking Time: 6hrs.
After a hearty breakfast in the jaw dropping landscape, it is time to either head straight back into the valley or linger awhile soaking up the view and perhaps hang some prayer flags of our own. Eventually we have to drop back into the ancient pine and rhododendron forest on the monks’ zig zagging trail. After 1-2 hours of descent we catch glimpses of the golden roofs of temples below and soon come upon the first of many on our way back from the wilds. The path snakes across the mountainside between the monasteries and temples before reaching the gardens of Zhangtopelri (Heaven on Earth) from which you can bravely peer over edge and straight down onto the ornate roofs of Taktsang in the cliff far below. An hour later and we are at the gates of Taktsang looking across the gorge a steep descent to a waterfall then ascent on steps and you are passing into the Tiger’s Nest itself. Retracing our steps we begin the final descent of about 45 minutes to reach our vehicle and drive back to hotel not forgetting to stop on the other side of the valley and look back at what we have achieved. Overnight in Paro, altitude 2200m
Day 06: Paro-Haa-Paro (6 hrs).
After our delicious breakfast, we will visit the temples of Dzongdrakha on foot which studs the rock cliff. Continue driving to Haa over the Chelela Pass at 3988m. When the weather permits one can view the most scared mountain in the country Mt. Jomolhari (7314m) and visit the quiet, timeless Haa valley with a picnic lunch will wrap up the end of seven days tour in the dragon kingdom. Overnight in Paro
Day 07: Departure.
The tour will end today morning after boarding your flight to back home, you will carry smile on your face, eyes full of tears and memories unlimited. Say goodbye to our staffs at the airport with the prayers of save journey and to see you again in future.
- US$ 40 per person visa fees
- Visa arrangement for your stay in Bhutan
- Government royalty and all the taxes
- Accommodations in best 3 star hotels on twin sharing basis, options available for cultural tour
- Trekking Gears provided (Sleeping tent, dinning tent, kitchen tent, table, chair, toilet tent, sleeping mattress-thin water proof, duffel bags)
- Trekking facilities provided (Trekking chef, helper, trek guide, horses for luggage, horsemen)
- All meals (break, lunch & dinner), options available
- Full time English speaking Heavenly Bhutan guide Trekking cum Cultural
- Private transportation and sightseeing as per the itinerary, we are flexible
- Museums and parks fees indicated in the itinerary
- Bottled drinking water throughout the journey
– Flight fares – available from Singapore, Bangkok, Delhi, Kathmandu, Kolkata and Dhaka
– Personal expenses, phone calls, laundry, shopping, etc
- Sleeping bags (-30 degree needed for comfortable sleep evening during summer as you will be sleeping in very high elevation)
- Single room supplement
- Luxury hotels/resorts available on supplement cost
- Specialized guides available on supplement cost (Language, Photography etc)
- Travel Insurance must for any trekking groups and must provide the details to our offer before the trek
- Outdoor Activities (Mountain Biking, White river rafting, Tiger Nest Horse Ride etc)
- For single person traveling alone we charge USD 40/night extra
- For two persons traveling together we charge USD 30/person/night extra
- Cancellation policy, please refer terms and conditions and trekking conditions