Festival tour to Bhutan: A traditional way to get-together with Bhutanese family members, relatives, neighbours and children is during festivals in Bhutan which is held yearly on the auspicious day corresponding the holy date of the Bodhisattvas. Bhutanese people from different communities of the region gather to witness the annual event in their best outfit. It is always believed that, just to witness the festival is to get rid of the sin and to extend the life span of the people. Bhutanese festivals are always joyful occasion to interact with the friends, share funs and meals together.
Day 01: Arrival in Paro
Flight to Paro has spectacular views of the Everest, Kanchen Junga and other Himalayan peaks, including the sacred Chomolhari and Jichu Drakey in Bhutan are awesome. Evening stroll old Paro town and peep into some local handicrafts stores. One can also venture to try local restaurant for dinner. Overnight in Paro. Altitude 2200m
Day 02: Paro Festival
After the breakfast, we will proceed to festival site and witness the most interesting annual Paro (Tsechu) for whole day. Festivals are preformed to honor Buddhist saint Guru Rimpoche who brought Buddhism in the country in 7th century. Tse meaning date and chu meaning tenth, is performed annually in all the districts coinciding with tenth day of the Bhutanese calendar. Interesting and colorful mask dances are shown publicly in a open ground specially in the courtyard of the fortress, “The Dzong”, where all people gather to witness the dances. Witnessing the Tsechu is believed to accumulate the good deeds and help us to ride of the sins committed in the past. This is also wonderful opportunity to click the Bhutanese in best outfit with most expensive garments and jewelries. Don’t miss to witness the unique festivals of Bhutan. Overnight in Paro.
Day 03: Paro Festival
Morning we will visit the festival and in the afternoon drive north end of Paro valley and hike to Tiger’s Nest, the most revered temple in the country that literally hangs on a granite cliff overlooking the Paro Valley at 900m above the valley. The hike will take about 2 hours uphill for an average hiker. Evening relax at your hotel. Overnight in Paro.
Day 04: Paro to Thimphu
Check out from the hotel and drive to Thimphu, capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check into your hotel. Afternoon visit Memorial Chorten built in the memory of our late 3rd king, further drive to Buddha viewpoint. We have magnificent view of the whole valley from here; visit Changangkha Lhakhang, oldest temple in the valley.
Day 05: Thimphu to Paro
Enjoy delicious breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed to visit School of Arts and Craft and nearby national library. Later, explore craft bazzar of Thimphu city and government own handicraft emporium before proceeding to Paro. Late lunch in Paro. After lunch, visit National Museum, the first of its kind which has a collection from natural history to religious paintings. Evening stroll old Paro town and peep into some local handicrafts stores. One can also venture to try local restaurant for dinner. Overnight in Paro, altitude 2200m.
Day 06: End of the tour in Kingdom of Happiness
– US$ 40 per person visa fees
– Visa arrangement for your stay in Bhutan
– Government royalty and all the taxes
– Accommodations in best 3 star hotels or above on twin sharing basis, options available
– All meals (break, lunch & dinner), options available
– Full time English speaking Heavenly Bhutan's guide
– Private transportation and sightseeing as per the itinerary
– Museums and parks fees indicated in the itinerary
– Bottled drinking water throughout the journey
– Flight fares - available from Singapore, Bangkok, Delhi, Kathmandu, Kolkata and Dhaka
– Personal expenses, phone calls, laundry, shopping, etc
– Single room supplement
– Luxury hotels/resorts available on supplement cost
– Specialized guides available on supplement cost
– Travel and medical insurance
– Activities available on extra cost (mountain biking, river rafting, tiger nest horse ride, hot stone bath etc)
– For single person traveling alone we charge USD 40/night extra
– For two persons traveling together we charge USD 30/person/night extra
– Cancellation policy, please refer terms and conditions